Picnic Bento For Hanami or Sports Festivals – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Picnic Bento For Hanami or Sports Festivals using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Picnic Bento For Hanami or Sports Festivals
- You need 10 of Cylinder shaped salmon flake onigiri (rice balls).
- Prepare 15 of Cylinder shape umeboshi paste onigiri (rice balls).
- It’s 1 of chicken thigh worth Chicken karaage (deep fried chicken).
- It’s 3 of potatoes worth Potatoes and shrimp stir fried with olive oil.
- You need 1 of roll Fresh spring roll salad.
- You need 5 of pieces of frozen kabocha squash worth Kabocha squash salad.
- Prepare 15 of cherry tomatoes Tomatoes marinated in honey.
- Prepare 5 of Wiener sausages.
- It’s 2 of Boiled eggs.
- Prepare 5 of Strawberries.
- You need 1 of Melon.
Picnic Bento For Hanami or Sports Festivals Instructions
- Make the salmon and umeboshi onigiri. Mix each ingredient in plain rice and form into cylindrical rice balls. Optionally, wrap with nori seaweed or shiso leaves. I open holes in the nori seaweed with this gadget so that it's easier for my toddler to eat.
- Make the chicken karaage: Cut the chicken thigh into bite sized pieces. Put it in a plastic bag with soy sauce, grated garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil and shiro-dashi (light soy sauce with dashi stock) and massage the seasonings into the meat.
- Push the air out of the bag and close it up. Leave for at least 5 minutes. Add bread and cake flours plus katakuriko to the bag, coat the chicken with the flours and deep fry it.
- Make the potato-shrimp stir fry: Peel the potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces and put into a bowl of water. De-vein the shrimp and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Stir fry some garlic in a generous amount of oil in a frying pan. Stir fry the potatoes, maitake mushrooms and shrimp. Season with seasoned salt (e.g. Magic Salt).
- Make the fresh spring roll salad: Soak the fresh spring roll wrapper in water. Combine lettuce, crab stick and thin green onions with mayonnaise, and rolll it up tightly in the wrapper. Cut the roll into 4 pieces.
- Make the kabocha squash salad: Microwave the frozen kabocha squash pieces. Peel and mash. Mix with clotted cream or cream cheese, and season with salt.
- Make the honey-marinated tomatoes: Peel the cherry tomatoes by putting them in boiling water for a few seconds. Put the peeled tomatoes in a plastic bag and drizzle in some honey. Push the air out of the bag and seal it closed.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes, drain and check the flavor. If it's not sweet enough add more honey, and seal the bag again to store.
- Cook the sausages and hard boiled eggs in the usual way. Use lettuce and tomatoes to make the bento colorful and to divide up the components of the bento so that the flavors don't mix. Finished!