Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung) – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung)
- It’s 165 g of fresh king prawns.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2-3 clove of garlic (peeled and finely chopped).
- It’s 1 handful of green bean (chopped).
- You need 3-4 of Thai bird eyes chilli (finely sliced).
- It’s 1 of couple handful of holy basil or Thai basil.
- You need of Ground white pepper.
- You need of Cucumber to serve with the dish.
- You need 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice.
- You need 2 of duck eggs (can use chicken eggs) but duck egg will give a lovely orange yolk.
- You need of (You can deep fry basil for garnish too).
Spicy Thai Basil Prawns (Pad Krapow Guung) Step By Step
- Heat large wok over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add garlic, chilli and stir fry until garlic start turn to golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add prawns in and continue cooking on high heat until some of the juices start to caramelize in the bottom of the pan. Add green beans then add soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce cook and stir until sauce begins to caramelize, about 1 minute. Add sugar and stir well.
- Stir in basil. Cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 20 seconds and add some ground pepper in. You can ad a little bit of water if the sauce become a little bit dry. Turn the heat off.
- On a small highheat pan, add 1 tbsp vegetable cooking oil, add egg one at the time. Leave it until corner of white egg become crispy but yolk still runny. Take it out and cook another one.
- Fried a handful of basil in hot oil for 5-6 min
- Serve with rice and cucumber 🥒