Prawns Pulao – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawns Pulao using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawns Pulao
- It’s 2 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 2 of medium onions sliced vertically.
- It’s 4/5 of green chillies slit length wise.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamom.
- It’s 1 inch of stick cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- It’s 5/6 of pepper corns.
- You need 1/2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5/6 of cloves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dhaniya( coriander) and cumin powder.
- It’s Bunch of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of mint leaves.
- You need Handful of cashews.
- It’s 500 gm of soaked basmati rice (soak for 30 mins ).
- It’s 700 gm of cleaned and deveined prawns.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of red chilli powder.
- Prepare As needed of water.
Prawns Pulao Step By Step
- In a pressure cooker, add whole spices, onions and chillies to ghee and cook till the onions caramelise.
- Add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, salt and chilli powder and let it cook for 2 mins. Add a handful of cashew nuts (optional) and coriander and mint leaves.
- Add prawns and let it cook for a minute or so, and add garam masala, dhaniya powder and cumin powder. Check seasoning and add water (make sure you had half a cup less as there’ll be water from the prawns as well).
- Add soaked basmati rice (soak for 30 mins at least), taste the water and add the lid/whistle and cook for 2/3 whistles in low flame.
- Once the pressure is off, remove the lid, mix the pulav gently to make sure the rice doesn’t break and serve hot! 🙂