Prawn Biryani – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Prawn Biryani using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani
- It’s 250 gm of Rice (basmati preferrable).
- You need 200 grams of Prawns.
- Prepare 5 of Onion medium sized.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 4 of Star anise.
- It’s 4 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 sticks of Cinnamon.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes medium sized.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of Curry powder -(any store bought curry powder).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1-2 pinch of Nutmeg powder.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Ghee.
- It’s 100 gms of Curd.
- It’s As needed of Water.
Prawn Biryani Step By Step
- Wash the rice and strain it. Let it stand for 15 mins, then cook it until al dente. Keep it aside, fluff it once or twice.
- Puree the tomato.
- Thinly slice 2 onions and dice the other 3 onions. Fry the sliced onions until crisp and brown with a pinch of salt stirring continuously.
- Heat a kadhai. Add oil, once hot put the prawns to it. You will see a lots of moisture being released, wait until it dries up and the prawns are slightly browned.
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste to the prawns. Stir for 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt. After few minutes add the tomatoes and cover it for 5-7 minutes. Put the flame off, give it a good stir.
- Take a thick bottom vessel and heat it. Put ghee, wait for 30 seconds. Add in the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise wait until it releases it's flavor.
- Add the rice and the fried prawns as well. Add salt sufficient for just the rice. Add curd mixed with a little bit of water. Stir and Cover it and wait for not more than 10 mins.
- Put off the flame. Garnish it with the browned onions.