Seafood Paella – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Seafood Paella using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need 250 g of kingklip fillet.
- You need 300 g of calamari rings.
- Prepare 300 g of mussel meat.
- You need 300 g of king prawns.
- Prepare 1 of red onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomato.
- It’s 50 ml of tomato paste.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic finely minced.
- It’s 1 of thumb size ginger – grated.
- It’s Pinch of saffron.
- You need 2 cups of basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- It’s 3 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of baby peas.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper – sliced.
- It’s of To serve- parsley and lemon wedges.
Seafood Paella Instructions
- Heat olive oil and fry kingklip in small batches for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside
- Fry calamari in same pan for 5 minutes and remove
- Fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant in 1 Tbls ghee
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato paste and reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Meanwhile add a pinch of saffron to 1 cup hot water and steep for 10minutes
- Add rice to tomatoes sauce and braise for 5 minutes uncovered
- Strain saffron and add infused water to tomatoes and rice mixture together with 3 cups cold water. Bring to the boil
- Return precooked fish and calamari to the pan
- Add mussel meat, peas and red pepper and simmer with lid closed until most of the liquid is absorbed
- Place prawns on top of rice and steam for 10 minutes until cooked
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges