Abigaile's Étouffée served with rice – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Abigaile's Étouffée served with rice using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Abigaile's Étouffée served with rice
- It’s 1 of Red onion.
- You need 1 of Red bell pepper.
- It’s 3 stalk of Celery.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of condensed cream of chicken.
- Prepare 1 of large bag of raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of Browning sauce.
- You need 1 of Butter.
- You need 1 of cajun seasoning (to your taste).
Abigaile's Étouffée served with rice Instructions
- Thinly dice all vegetables
- Sauté vegetables with butter on high heat in a stainless steel skillet/stockpot until bottom of pan browns
- Then shock pan with chicken broth then add shrimp
- Let shrimp sit until shrimp begins to turn pink (10ish minutes) occasionally stirring
- Then simply add your can of soups, Cajun seasonings, and Browning sauce (about 3 tablespoons)
- Turn to medium heat
- Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so
- Serve on bed of rice enjoy!