Shrimp over Coconut Rice – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp over Coconut Rice using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp over Coconut Rice
- It’s 13 oz of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of long grain white rice, rinsed.
- It’s 6 oz of green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green curry paste.
- It’s 10 oz of frozen peas, thawed.
- You need 3/4 lb of frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of of a lime for its juice.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Shrimp over Coconut Rice Instructions
- In saucepan, bring 2 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup coconut milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and summer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve over the coconut rice