Rice Cooker Squid Savoury Cake – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Rice Cooker Squid Savoury Cake using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Cooker Squid Savoury Cake
- Prepare 150 g of Squid Tube OR Rings *cut into small pieces.
- You need of *Note: Squid can be replaced with Octopus, Shrimps or Prawns.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped Spring Onions OR Cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Dashi Powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Benishoga (Red Pickled Ginger).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Salt * add extra 1/4 teaspoon if you serve without the sauce.
- Prepare of <Toppings>.
- It’s of ‘Okonomiyaki’ Sauce OR ‘Takoyaki’ Sauce.
- Prepare of Aonori (Dried Green Laver Flakes).
- You need of Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes).
- It’s of Japanese Mayonnaise.
Rice Cooker Squid Savoury Cake Step By Step
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper. *Note: The cake can be cooked using a frying pan in the way you cook pancakes, OR baked in the oven.
- Place all ingredients except for Benishoga (Red Pickled Ginger) in a large heat-proof bowl, mix to combine well. Add Benishoga (Red Pickled Ginger) and lightly mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot and press ‘Start’ button at ‘Cake’ setting.
- Turn out on a plate, and carefully peel away baking paper. Serve hot with/without your favourite toppings. *Note: I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter. It took 40 minutes to cook.
- Oven Baking: Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish, and bake in the oven at 200℃ for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked. It would be quicker if you use Muffin Pan.