Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- Prepare 1 of whole kampong chicken, take out the skin (optional but i prefer less oily soup).
- You need of boiled eggs.
- Prepare of shredded cabbage (boil a while till soften).
- Prepare of beansprout (boil a while, try not to overcook it).
- It’s glass of noodle/mung bean noodle (boil till softened).
- It’s of tomatoes (cut into pieces).
- You need of spring onion (for garnish).
- Prepare of fried shallot (for garnish).
- Prepare of lime, sweet soya sauce and chilli.
- Prepare of Put in the blender to make a paste (spices paste) :.
- You need 8 of shallots.
- It’s 4 of garlics.
- It’s 4 cm of fresh turmeric (i used turmeric powder as i dont have the fresh one at home, but my soup looks a bit pale).
- You need 4 cm of fresh ginger.
- It’s 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corriander seeds.
- You need of Additional spices: (no need to put in blender).
- It’s 2 pcs of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 pcs of lime leaves.
- You need 4 stalks of lemongrass (smashed).
Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) Step By Step
- Homemade chilli (super spicy): 10 chilli padi, cut into small pieces. Boil chopped chillies in a little bit of water till very soft, reserve the water (do not let the water to dry up, otherwise will get burnt). Mashed with fork. Add salt, sugar, chicken seasoning powder to taste.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir fry the paste spices till fragrant. Add in the remaining spices (bay leaves, lime leaves and lemongrass). Stir fry for an additional 2-3 mins.
- Boil about 4 lt of water. Add the chicken and the all the spices (paste and remaining spices). Cooked till chicken is soft. (stove pressure cooker about 15 mins, no pressure cooker maybe an hour)
- Add salt, pepper, chicken seasoning to taste.
- To serve: In a bowl, arrange the glass noddle, cabbage, bean sprout, chopped tomatoes, boiled egg, shredded chicken meat, spring onion, fried shallots, and pour the soup over it. We like to add: black sweet soya sauce, lime and chilli 🙂 Enjoy!