Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam
- It’s 3 grams of bowl of cooked white rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 4 stick of lemon grass.
- Prepare 2 stick of torch ginger bud.
- You need 1 clove of ginger.
- You need 100 grams of dried shrimps.
- You need 2 clove of turmeric.
- It’s 3 of turmeric leaves.
- It’s 20 of peppermint leaves.
- It’s 4 of kaffir leaves.
- You need 20 grams of black/white pepper.
- It’s 100 grams of salted fish (Kurau/threadfin).
- You need 5 clove of Shallots.
- It’s 10 of cashew leaf shoots.
Chinese Peranakan Mixed Herbs Rice – Nasi Ulam Step By Step
- cooked white rice to be cool down for an hour
- grated coconut to be fried in low heat without oil until slightly brown with minor aroma
- pound dried shrimps and pepper to sea sand size
- cut all other ingredients to millimeters size
- put rice in big bowl and mix with all the other ingredients
- add salted fish at the final stage to control saltiness of dish
- for vegetarians replace fish and shrimp with salted branches and sea salt