Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice
- It’s 2 bowls of cooked rice – preferably day-old (350g).
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger – minced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 50 g of chicken fillet – diced.
- You need 50 g of shelled prawns – diced.
- Prepare 30 g of carrot – diced.
- It’s 3 of bird’s eye chillies – chopped.
- You need 60 g of petai – halved and diced (stink beans).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Seasoning:.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of ground black pepper tsp chicken stock powder.
Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice Instructions
- Loosen the rice grains to separate them if they are in clumps. Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic over low heat until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, prawns and carrot. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the rice and toss briefly to combine. Make a well in the centre of the rice, add a little oil, and crack in the eggs. Let the eggs set for a few seconds before scrambling them over high heat together with the rice.
- Add the seasoning and sprinkle over a little water to moisten the rice. Add the chillies and petai. Stir-fry briskly until rice is fairly hot and fragrant.
- Dish out and serve.