Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- Prepare 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- You need 300 g of Chicken Meat (boneless, skinless, cut into pieces).
- It’s 50 g of Dried Anchovies (ikan bilis).
- Prepare 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- Prepare 150 g of Water Spinach (kangkung).
- Prepare 50 g of Red Onion.
- Prepare of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- It’s 6 pc (20 g) of Red Bird's Eye Chilli.
- Prepare 60 g of Shallots.
- It’s 20 g of Garlic.
- It’s 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- It’s of For Stir Frying;.
- You need 5 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
Malay Countryside Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) Step By Step
- PRE-COOK; heat 2 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the dried anchovies until it is brown and crispy. Remove and set aside. Then caramelise the red onion until it is tender and translucent. Remove and set aside. Lastly, cook the eggs scrambled, remove and set aside.
- COOK THE PASTE; Heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot. Add the Sambal paste, chicken, lime juice, sugar, and cook it until the oil separates from the paste.
- COOK THE RICE; once the oil separates, add in the rice and mix well. Then add in one at a time the eggs, anchovies, onions, mixing well in between them. Season with salt.
- ADD THE SPINACH; Lastly add in the spinach. It might look alot but mix it well; the spinach will wilt and once it has wilted, turn off the heat and keep mixing until the spinach has completely shrunk.