Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes with Thai Ajard dipping sauce, Can be vegetarian too! – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes with Thai Ajard dipping sauce, Can be vegetarian too! using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes with Thai Ajard dipping sauce, Can be vegetarian too!
- It’s 1 cup of rice flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 cup of sliced cooked chicken / prawns / mushrooms.
- It’s 2 handfuls of Asian style stir fry mix salad i.e. bean sprouts, cabbage, peppers etc.
- You need 1-2 of baby gem lettuce.
- It’s of Ajard Dipping Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced deseeded cucumber.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped big red chilli.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of water boiling.
Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes with Thai Ajard dipping sauce, Can be vegetarian too! Instructions
- Place the flour, turmeric and coconut milk, salt, corn flour and water into a large bowl.
- Take and whisk and whisk thoroughly until all lumps have gone, leave to settle for 20 minutes or so.
- Pour the oil into a medium pan on a medium high heat a tablespoon at a time and ladle in the pancake mixture, it needs to be fairly thin, next add the chicken or prawns to half of the pancake, leaving the other half free. Then the stir fry mixture.
- Once it is cooking add a lid to the frying pan it helps speed up the cooking process. You need to be patience its takes a good 4 minutes or so it can be longer. When the pancake mixture is starting to crisp around the edges and it is cooked through the middle, simply turn over the empty side of the pancake over and serve, it should be crispy and brown on the outside.
- For the Sauce, chop the veggies, I didn’t have red onion here so I used a sweet white onion.
- Now place in a bowl, boil the kettle and add the few tablespoons of boiling water, making sure all the sugar is dissolved, add the salt and mix too. If you want you can heat this up in a pan. But add the cucumber at the end once the mixture has cooled.
- Serve! So you take a lettuce cup, then tear of some of the crispy pancake and wrap it in the lettuce leaf, you then pour some of the sauce on top, and pop it in your mouth! Delicious.