Thai-ish Omelette Rice – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Thai-ish Omelette Rice using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai-ish Omelette Rice
- Prepare 400 of g- Rice, day-old, more dry rice is always better as we're making fried rice, you can use freshly cooked rice but it'll probably get super soggy when adding the wet ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp- Ketchup, we are making ketchup fried rice after all, also save some in the bottle for after.
- Prepare 1 of tbpn- Oyster Sauce, I use this brilliant sauce for all my fried rice dishes it just adds a deeper flavour than soy sauce in my opinion (use sparingly).
- Prepare 4 of Cloves- Garlic, I love garlic so I use quite a lot but you can use 2 for a more subtle flavour.
- You need 1 of – Small Onion.
- You need 1 of – Carrot or use 3-4 carrot sticks if you're feeling lazy.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup- Frozen Peas, I think people measure peas in cups.
- Prepare 6 of – Baby Sweetcorn if you can't find any, tinned sweetcorn is also fine, use half a small tin.
- You need 200 of g- Prawns, peeled already cooked prawns are fine.
- It’s 1 of tsp- White pepper.
- Prepare 6 of tsp- Oil, 3tsp for the rice and 3tsp for the omelette.
- It’s 2 of – eggs per person if you're making individual omelettes, if not use 3 for a thicker omelette.
Thai-ish Omelette Rice Step By Step
- 1. Firstly we will start by crushing and mincing garlic and halving an onion and finely chopping then put those 2 into a bowl.
- 2. Now Peel and finely chop the carrot making sure they're roughly the same size as the onion then chop up the baby corn.
- 3. We've done the prep and now to start cooking! On a med/high heat pour your oil into a pan along with the onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- 4. Once the onions are translucent pour in the carrots, baby corn, frozen peas and the pepper and continue frying until peas are defrosted and heating up.
- 5. When the peas have defrosted put in the prawns and rice, break up the rice a bit as day-old rice with just come out as a solid mass.
- 6. After the rice has broken up a bit add the Oyster sauce and Ketchup and mix it all in until the rice has gone a red-ish brown colour and the fried rice is done pour into a dish and now it's time for the eggs.
- 7. In a med/high heat pan pour in some oil, add the eggs and move them around forming curds like a French omelette, that's what you do for a french omelette right? Now just as the omelette starts solidifying add some of the rice to one half of the omelette(unless you're making a massive omelette rice then use it all.) The runny bits of egg will mix with the rice making it rich and lovely.
- 8. Once the rice is in slowly fold over the omelette like a quesadilla then slowly tuck the egg into the omelette. Don't try to be a hero and flip it unless you're sure it can be done, I tried it in the video I made and absolutely fudged it up.
- 9. Once folded in and the omelette is browning put onto a plate pour ketchup on top and we're done!