New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped green peppers.
- You need 1 large of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 lb of peeled and devined shrimp.
- It’s 4 cup of cooked rice.
New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice Step By Step
- Melt the stick of butter in a large frying pan THEN add the flour until it turns brown
- Add the chopped onions and green peppers until softened, about 10 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, seasonings and hot sauce (season to your taste, I added extra of everything) Bring to boil
- Simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes THEN add the shrimp and cook until pink
- Serve over rice