Shrimp & Cauliflower “Grits” – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp & Cauliflower “Grits” using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp & Cauliflower “Grits”
- You need 1 package of riced cauliflower (frozen or room temperature) – or, if you're fancy, make your own damn cauliflower rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken, vegetable broth or water.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 splash of half & half, milk or cream (optional).
- You need of Thumb to finger of whatever cheese is on hand (cheddar, parm, mozzarella all work).
- It’s 12-16 of cooked shrimp (enough for two people) – I use Costco's cilantro lime shrimp.
- You need 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 of hot italian sausages.
- Prepare of Small sauté of mushrooms, tomatoes + onions.
- Prepare of Jalapeños (optional).
- You need of Arugula or other garnish.
Shrimp & Cauliflower “Grits” Step By Step
- Cut hot sausage into circles, sauté with mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat up broth in skillet on medium. Use skillet you can pour into a blender from.
- Add package of riced cauliflower to broth. Cook, while stirring for 2-4 minutes, 'til soft.
- Pour cauliflower into blender. Add butter or half and half (optional, but yummy). Pulse ONCE, check consistency. Pulse once more if needed.
- Return contents of blender to pan, add cheese and desired spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder).
- Sauté shrimp in BBQ sauce til warm.
- Plate. Add cauliflower grits to bowl, top with hot sausage and veggie mixture, then shrimp. Garnish with jalapeños, arugula and cracked pepper.