Creamy & Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Tomato Cream Inspired byJulia on Pinterest – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Creamy & Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Tomato Cream Inspired byJulia on Pinterest using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy & Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Tomato Cream Inspired byJulia on Pinterest
- You need 1 can of Crushed Tomato( I used Prego Traditional Sauce).
- Prepare 1 lb of medium sized shrimp bag.
- It’s 1 box of penne pasta.
- It’s 1/4 of boiling water.
- You need 1/2 of chicken bullion cube dissolved in the boiling water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 4 of Minced Garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- You need of paprika.
- It’s of red pepper.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of chopped onion.
Creamy & Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Tomato Cream Inspired byJulia on Pinterest Step By Step
- Follow the Instructions to make the pasta first… Boil water first, add salt and pasta, continue boiling for 10-11 min and drain in strainer
- Heat 2tbsp of Olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat. add shrimp and cook on one side for about one minute until shrimp turns pink while its cooking sprinkle the top of the shrimp with crushed red pepper( Mine didn't come out too spicy and it was great) (If you want it more spicy add more red pepper)… now sprinkle paprika and salt to cover every shrimp.
- Using a spatula turn the shrimp over to the other side and cook for 2minutes remove shrimp to a plate but leave the remaining oil in the skillet.
- To the same skillet add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until onions soften
- add the prego sauce, chicken buillon cube dissolved in the 1/4 cup of boiling water, basil, oregano to the skillet and mix everything while bringing to a boil
- finally reduce to a simmer. simmer for about 10-15 minutes, mixing occasionaly and if you used crushed tomatos you can crush them even more at this time. you can season with more red pepper if you want it very spicy. ( I didn't and again it was delicious)
- add heavy cream, while on simmer, and mix it on very low simmer. (dont have heavy cream you can make your own with milk and melted butter) google it:p
- almost immediately after you added cream and mixed it on low simmer remove the skillet from heat and add the shrimp and pasta (mix well)
- I am telling you this recipe is delicious! Give it a try!