Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle
- You need of Soup.
- Prepare 1 of medium Butternut Squash. Do not peel.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of medium sweet potatoes,peeled and. chopped.
- You need 4 of large cloves of garlic peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3/4 liter of water, adjust later if needed,.
- It’s 3 of vegetable stock cubes.
- You need 1 pinch of thyme,salt and cayenne pepper each.
- It’s of Baked/ Grilled Butternut Squash.
- It’s 1 of good pinch dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil for drizzling.
- You need 1/2 of red chilli finely.chopped to garnish,.
- It’s 1 pinch of each salt and cayenne pepper to season.
- It’s of Herb Drizzle.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch fresh parsley, just leaves,very finely chopped.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic,crushed.
- You need 1/2 of lemon, juice only.
- You need 100 ml of olive oil.
Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle Step By Step
- Cut 4 slices about 2cm thick of the thin end of the unpeeled Squash, set aside, preheat oven to 180 C/gas 6
- Peel.and de-seed the rest of the squash, chop into chunks.Peel and chopp the sweet potatoes, onion an garlic add to the water with the stock cubes,
- Boil until cooked, blend into a smooth soup.
- Season with salt,cayenne pepper and the thyme.
- Take the unpeeled set aside slices of squash (yes you can eat the skin), toss in a oven tin with the thyme,olive oil salt and cayenne pepper roast until.soft, then crisp of under grill
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients set aside,
- When all is cooked add one slice of squash to each flat bowl of soup, garnish with the dressing,.chopped red chilli and perhaps some croutons,