Quick jambalaya – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Quick jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick jambalaya
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of beef bouillon granules.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (diced).
- It’s 1/2 can of tomato sauce (8 ounces).
- It’s 1/2 pound of sausage (sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 pound of shrimp.
- You need 1 of whole chicken breast (cooked).
Quick jambalaya Instructions
- In a dutch oven, combine mix rice, onion, parsley, beef bouillon, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, salt, bay leaf, water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sausage and chicken. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are cooked, around 7-10 minutes.