Quick and Easy Authentic Chirashi Sushi – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Quick and Easy Authentic Chirashi Sushi using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Authentic Chirashi Sushi
- You need 720 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 5 of cm Kombu.
- It’s 120 ml of Sushi vinegar (store-bought).
- You need of Added ingredients:.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1/2 of section Lotus root.
- It’s 8 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- You need 1 of enough to cover the ingredients ●Soaking liquid from reconstituting the dried shiitake mushrooms + water.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Snow peas.
- You need 1 of Boiled shrimp (I used frozen shrimp).
- You need 1 of Daikon radish sprouts.
Quick and Easy Authentic Chirashi Sushi Step By Step
- Make the sushi rice: Put the rinsed rice and kombu in a rice cooker and cook. (If you have a 'sushi rice' setting on your cooker, use that. Cook the rice so it's slightly firm by using a little less water than usual).
- Rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms in water, and slice thinly (don't discard the soaking water.) Julienne the carrot. Cut the lotus root in quarters lengthwise and thinly slice.
- Put the Step 2 ingredients, the ● flavoring ingredients and the mushroom soaking water into a pot. Add enough water to cover the ingredients. Simmer over medium heat until there's no more liquid left. If any scum rises to the surface, skim off.
- When the rice is cooked, mix in the sushi vinegar while it's still hot. Add the simmered ingredients from Step 3 and leave to cool.
- The toppings: make the kinshi tamago (shredded omelette). Add salt to beaten eggs and make several usuyaki tamago (thin omelets). Cool and shred finely. Boil the snow peas in salted water, and cut in half.
- Cut the boiled shrimp in half lengthwise. Cut the radish sprouts.
- Finishing: Decorate the mixed sushi rice from Step 4 with the toppings, and the dish is done!