Sea Bass, Sambal Udang Bercili rice with peas – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Sea Bass, Sambal Udang Bercili rice with peas using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sea Bass, Sambal Udang Bercili rice with peas
- You need of Sea Bass fillets.
- It’s 1 of small handful Basmati rice.
- You need 1 handful of frozen peas.
- Prepare of Sambal Udang Bercili (Crispy Prawn Chilli) to taste (it’s spicy, I used 2/3 tsp).
- It’s of Rapeseed Oil for booking (high smoke point oil, safer for using at heat).
- You need 1 knob of Butter.
- You need of Olive oil, salt, pepper, ground dried chilli to finish.
Sea Bass, Sambal Udang Bercili rice with peas Instructions
- Put rice onto boil with double quantity boiling water to rice, stir, cover with a lid, once boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 mins.
- Heat Rapeseed oil in a frying pan to shimmering hot. Blot Sea Bass fillets with kitchen paper to ensure they are dry. Check for bones and remove if needed.
- Place Sea Bass fillets into hot oil, turn heat down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip over, turn off heat and leave until rice plated.
- After 5 mins put the peas into the rice and cook for 3 minutes. Then check rice, if almost cooked, turn off heat, cover and allow to steam cook to finish for 2 mins.
- Stir the butter and Sambal Udang Bercili into the rice and peas. The butter will bind the rice. Pack into a small bowl and turn into a plate.
- Drap the Sea Bass over the rice. Season with a grind of salt, black pepper, ground dried chilli and a drizzle of Olive Oil.