Jambalaya – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Jambalaya using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- You need 1 lb of Andouille Sausage.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp.
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 14 oz of Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cups of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1 box of Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice Mix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt+Pepper.
- Prep: cut chicken and sausage into bite sized pieces
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chicken and sausage, and stir to combine. Saute until the chicken is no longer pink and mostly cooked.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rice, and Cajun spice, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. (Don't forget to stir, or the rice may burn on the bottom of the pan.)
- Once the rice is tender, add in the shrimp and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until the shrimp are cooked and pink. Season the jambalaya with salt and pepper and additional Cajun seasoning if needed. Remove from heat and serve.