Paella – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Paella using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paella
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare to taste of salt and black pepper.
- It’s 150 g of skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch piece.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked short-grain white rice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of leaf parsley, chopped.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of lemons, zested.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of Spanish onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 100 g of sausage, casings removed.
- Prepare 100 g of shrimp.
- It’s 1 cup of blanched peas.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil for 3-4 minutes. Stir in saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion, cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage, cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp, cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.
- Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture and green peas.