Rice and Noodle Salad – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Rice and Noodle Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice and Noodle Salad
- Prepare 100 grams of thin rice noodles.
- It’s 1 dash of sesame oil.
- It’s 200 grams of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 1 of orange or yellow pepper.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 200 grams of peeled, cooked prawns.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need 1 of shallot, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice (or more to taste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
Rice and Noodle Salad Instructions
- Bring the kettle to the boil. Place three rice noodles in a large bowl and pour on boiling water ensuring that the noodles are fully immersed. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but not too soft. Drain and immediately toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to stop them sticking.
- In the meantime, blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until they are just tender but still bright green. Refresh in a bowl of iced water then drain. Cut the peas into smaller pieces. Halve, core and feared the peppers, then cut into long, thin slices. Finely slice the spring onions.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients (shallots and after) into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Put the prawns, spring onions, peas and peppers into a large bowl and add the drained noodles, coriander and sesame seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.