Stephie's Arabic Seasoned Shrimp Rotini – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Stephie's Arabic Seasoned Shrimp Rotini using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stephie's Arabic Seasoned Shrimp Rotini
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pure olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced fresh tomatoes – about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Arabic seasoning (or up to 1 tsp to taste, I like a little more).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of fresh or frozen medium shrimp (up to a lb if you like).
- Prepare 8 oz of rotini pasta.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
Stephie's Arabic Seasoned Shrimp Rotini Step By Step
- If using frozen shrimp defrost first by placing in a strainer under cold running water for about 5 min or until just pliable. Devein and peel shrimp. A brand like AquaStar is good because they have a "deveined easy peel" option and they are a sustainable company for the environmentally conscious. 😉
- Transfer shrimp to bowl and place in fridge til needed.
- Begin boiling water in a large pot and prepare rotini to package directions. When done drain, reserving about one spoonful of pasta water in pot. Return pasta to pot off of heat and cover until needed.
- While pasta cooks heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot add onions and green pepper. Sautee until soft. About 5 min.
- Stir in chicken broth. Begin simmering to reduce stirring frequently. About 3-5 min. If you want a "saucier" dish you can add up to an extra cup of chicken broth. It will just take longer to reduce.
- About 2 min into reducing sauce add tomatoes. Yes, they will cook down. If you desire a firmer tomato add after sauce is mostly reduced. 🙂
- Continue to reduce for remainder of time. You want your total amount of liquid to reduce by about half. Then stir in butter slowly until melted.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Arabic seasoning. Toss to coat. Add to pan and cover to cook until opaque/pink, stirring occasionally. Usually about 2-4 min. Do not overcook or shrimp will be chewy and tough.
- Add pasta with reserved water and toss to coat adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Good additional mixins or alternatives would be sweet peas, chopped or shredded carrot, chicken instead of shrimp (pre-cooked and cubed); and seasonings, a dash of red pepper flakes or cayanne pepper to enhance the light spice of the Arabic seasoning.