Cajun Shrimp Alfredo – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Cajun Shrimp Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
- You need 1/2 cup of + 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided and cubed.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 oz. of brick style cream cheese, sliced into cubes.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of large tomato, diced.
- You need 3 tsp. of Cajun seasoning, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each black pepper, onion powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb. of penne pasta (or other shape).
- Prepare 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Instructions
- Place a large pot of water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain it. Return the drained pasta to the pot and set it aside.
- While waiting on the water to boil, in a large, deep skillet, heat the 1 tbsp. butter over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the shrimp. Season it with 1 tsp. of the cajun seasoning and cook until it is pink and opaque. Remove it to a plate, cover the shrimp with foil and set it aside.
- Place the cream, the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese into the same skillet. Whisk it together often while it all melts.
- Once the butter and cream cheese are melted and smooth, whisk in the remaining 2 tsp of cajun seasoning, the pepper, the onion powder, the garlic, the tomatoes, the parmesan and the gouda. Whisk until the cheese melts completely.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 5 or so minutes, to thicken up. Then combine the sauce and the shrimp with the pasta in the pot. Toss everything together until it's all incorporated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers.