Prawn and roasted red bell pepper basil pasta – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Prawn and roasted red bell pepper basil pasta using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn and roasted red bell pepper basil pasta
- It’s 1 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 250 gm of Durum wheat Penne pasta.
- You need 200 gm of Prawn.
- It’s 1 of Onion medium sized.
- It’s 2-3 of Garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Whole wheat.
- You need 1 cup of Milk as required for the sauce consistency.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Mozarella cheese.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 8-10 of Fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Black pepper.
- You need as needed of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dried basil (optional).
Prawn and roasted red bell pepper basil pasta Instructions
- Roast the red bell pepper on direct flame till it chars from all sides.
- When it cools down peel the extra burnt skin, remove the seeds from the inside. Make paste of the pepper.
- Marinate the prawns with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Cook the penne pasta as per packet instruction and keep aside.
- In a frying pan take Olive oil and fry the prawns from both sides till they cook, takes about 2-3 minutes. Take them out.
- To the same pan add the onions, after a minute add garlic.
- Add wheat flour and keep stirring till the raw smell of wheat goes.
- Add red pepper paste, black pepper, dried basil and salt.
- Add milk and mix everything well so that it comes like a sauce.
- After a minute add mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well, add the prawns, fresh torn basil leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix everything well.