Thai Butternut & Chicken Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Thai Butternut & Chicken Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Butternut & Chicken Soup
- You need 1 small of fresh chilli,chopped.
- It’s 15 ml of oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions.
- You need 30 ml of fish sauce.
- Prepare 15 ml of fresh lemon grass,chopped.
- It’s 2 of chicken stock cubes,crumbled.
- Prepare 2 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 500 grams of butternut,cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 400 ml of can of coconut cream.
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken,cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 30 ml of shredded fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of fresh coriander leaves.
Thai Butternut & Chicken Soup Step By Step
- Suggestion: Sprinkle cut chicken pieces with a little soya sauce and cornflour,rub in using your fingers. This tenderises the chicken and seals in the juice. Place in fridge until needed.
- Heat oil in your wok-add garlic,spring onion,chilli,lemon grass and fish sauce.
- Cook,stirring,until spring onions are soft.
- Add stock cubes dissolved in boiling water,bring to the boil.
- Add butternut,simmer covered,for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream,simmer uncovered,for 5 minutes or until butternut is tender.
- Take your chicken pieces from the fridge and fry in a pan until cooked.
- Add cooked chicken pieces to the soup and stir.
- Add the chopped fresh basil to the soup and stir.
- Serve soup sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves