Orzo pasta with shrimp – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Orzo pasta with shrimp using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orzo pasta with shrimp
- It’s 1 bag of frozen shrimp, defrosted and cleaned.
- It’s 1.5 cups of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomatoes, I used chipotle seasoned.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen peas, defrosted.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of chopped shallot.
- It’s 1.5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Grated parmesan.
- You need of Marinating shrimp:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic podwer.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s of Salt.
Orzo pasta with shrimp Instructions
- Marinate the shrimp with the spices above mentioned in a bowl.
- Take a wide bottomed pan, add olive oil, fry the chopped shallots and garlic until brown.
- Add the uncooked orzo and fry till few of them turn little brown.
- Add the broth and water,peas to the pan and bring it to boil.once it comes to boil, simmer it and cook it covered for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the orzo is cooked, add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Cook for few minutes and set a side. Mix in the lemon juice.
- In a separate pan, cooked the shrimp with little oil, let all the water evaporate and cook however you like. If you like juicy, I suggest cooking for 5to6 mins after the water evaporates.
- Once shrimp is cooked., arrange them on top of the orzo pasta in a bowl
- If you like, u can add bacon crumbles too.