Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup)
- You need 1/2 half of big whole chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of litter water.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 2 stalk of lemon grass, bruised.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 50 g of glass noodles,cut, soaked in hot water until tender, drained.
- You need 100 gram of short bean sprouts, balanced, drained.
- It’s 3 of spring onions, chopped.
- It’s 2 of spring Chinese parsley, sliced.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoon of fried shallots (u can buy in Asian grocery).
- Prepare 75 gram of potatoes chips.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs, quartered.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce and lime juice and sambal.
- It’s of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Spices (ground).
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chopped turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts roasted.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) Instructions
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil and saute the ground spices, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, then add the stock.
- Continue to simmer over low heat about 15 minutes, add the chicken in the stock until tender.
- Remove chicken, add little bit of water into the stock then taste. Set asides. Deef fry the chicken until crispy, then shred finely.
- To serve: Arange glass noodles, been sprouts, chicken, spring onions, Chinese parsley and fried shallots in a bowl, and poring boiling stock over. Garnish with potato chips and boiled egg. Serve with sambal, sweet soy sauce and lime juice.
- Note: you also can use shrimp crackers blended and put on the top of soup as Garnishing.