Chicken Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Chicken Soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 of chicken carcass (leftover from a roast, if not much is leftover or the carcass is small freeze and use 2-3).
- You need 2 of onions (no need to peel just halved).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of sprig fresh rosemary.
- You need 6 of peppercorns.
- You need 1 of leftover roast chicken.
- You need 2 of handful broken vermicelli.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of boiling water.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
Chicken Soup Step By Step
- Place carcass, onions, peppercorns, salt, carrot, bay, rosemary and garlic cloves in a pot. Cover with boiling water and season with a pinch of salt. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 to 3 hours topping up water when necessary taste to see when it suits
- strain in a colander or sieve into a clean pot and add shredded leftover chicken and a handful of vermicelli. Simmer until pasta is cooked
- Serve with crusty bread and a swirl of cream. Enjoy