Shrimp n Grits – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp n Grits using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp n Grits
- It’s 1 cup of quick grits.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare dash of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Shrimp cleaned and deveined.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of dried parsley (garnish).
Shrimp n Grits Instructions
- Boil water as directed for grits.
- Add garlic salt and ground black pepper, stir to incorporate.
- Add grits and cook as directed by packaging. After 4 minutes reduce heat then wisk in butter once incorporated turn off heat then fold in cheese. Keep warm as you prepare the shrimp.
- Turn oven to broil setting. In a 12 inch oven safe skillet over medium heat up olive oil.
- Once oil is shimmering add paprika salt and pepper whisk in to incorporate. Add shrimp in a clockwise rotation starting furthest from the center and working your way inward. After 30 seconds flip shrimp and let cook for another 30 seconds then pan flip to coat them.
- Place the shrimp into the boiler area of your oven and leave shrimp undisturbed for 2 minutes. At this time you can begin to plate the grits.
- Safely remove the shrimp from the boiler and add to the grits along with the seasoned oil then sprinkle with parsley.