Butternut squash and goat cheese soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Butternut squash and goat cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and goat cheese soup
- Prepare 1 of Butternut squash.
- You need 1 of Sweet potato.
- You need 1 of Yellow bell pepper.
- It’s few of Celery stick.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 250 gms of Goat cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Lime juice (optional).
- Prepare as required of Any other seasoning of your choice (optional).
Butternut squash and goat cheese soup Instructions
- Prep step: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Clean and chop all vegetables in similar sized chunks. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and cumin powder. Mix well to coat all vegetables with oil and bake until soft. (Vegetables should not change colour or caramelise)
- Once the vegetables are cooked, let them cool then blend to a fine puree. Add water or milk to bring it to your preferred consistency.
- Pour the puree into a pot and bring it to simmer. Add goat's cheese and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- You can add dried/fresh herbs of your choice. Sage is meant to pair best with flavour of butternut squash.
- Serve hot with a piece of crusty bread. Here I have used a piece of pretzel.