Lemon- Garlic Shrimp and Grits – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Lemon- Garlic Shrimp and Grits using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon- Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Instant Grits.
- You need 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 2 of large Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon Juiced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of roughly chopped fresh parsley.
Lemon- Garlic Shrimp and Grits Instructions
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, covered. Uncover and slowly whisk in the grits, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, and cayenne (if using), and cook, tossing, until the shrimp are pink, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons water, the lemon juice and parsley; stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide grits and top with shrimp…. Enjoy