Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis)
- You need 4 cups of Cooked Rice.
- It’s 200 g of Mackerel.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need 50 g of Shallots.
- It’s 20 g of Garlic.
- You need 50 g of Fresh Red Chillies.
- You need 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- Prepare 1 cup of Frozen Veggies (optional).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) Step By Step
- MARINADE; Once you've processed the Sambal ingredients into a paste, take 2-3 Tbsp of it and marinate the fish.
- EGGS; Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in the wok until hot then add the eggs and cook it scrambled. Once it has cooled, remove and set aside.
- FRY THE FISH; add 2 Tbsp of cooking oil to the hot wok and fry the fish, 2 minutes for each side. Remove it and set aside. NOTE, usually the fish is then broken into bite size pieces.
- COOK THE PASTE; heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot, then add the Sambal paste, lime juice, sugar and veggies. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, the colour of the Sambal turns darker and the oil separates from the paste.
- FRY THE RICE; once the oil separates, add the rice and mix well. Then add the fish, the eggs, and mix them well. Season with salt, taste test and then serve.