Shrimp And Grits – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Shrimp And Grits using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp And Grits
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of White Grits.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 oz of Shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Black Pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 3 slice of green Onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken Stock (low Sodium).
Shrimp And Grits Instructions
- Fry the bacon in a large sauté pan until crispy. Remove the bacon and chop. Pour off all but about 3 tablespoons of the fat. Turn off the heat.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the salt. Slowly pour the grits into the boiling water. Stir and pour gradually so you don't get any lumps. When all the grits are incorporated, turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook the grits, stirring often, for 35 minutes.
- turn the heat to high under the saute pan and when the bacon fat is hot, saute the onion over medium-high heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic cloves and shrimp and toss to combine. Let this cook another minute.
- Add the chicken stock and let this boil down for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, stir the cheddar cheese, butter and pepper into the grits. The dish might not need any more salt, but add some if you'd like.
- To serve, spoon out some grits in individual bowls. Add the shrimp, Bacon, green onions, parsley and lemon juice to taste. Serve at once.