Pepper and Herb Shrimp Pasta – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Pepper and Herb Shrimp Pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper and Herb Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare 2 of Red Bell Peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 lb of medium deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra- virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 box of linguine pasta.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh chopped thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sage.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
Pepper and Herb Shrimp Pasta Instructions
- Preheat broiler
- Cut the red bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place the halves (skin sides up) and press flat against a foil lined baking sheet. broil for about 10 minutes. Place the cooked peppers in a paper bag and close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel off the skin and chop.
- Cook the pasta as per the directions on the box. Drain and add some olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter on a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and minced garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the shrimp to the pan for about 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and lemon juice to the pan, and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped parsley, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Add more olive oil to the pasta as needed. Toss the pasta well. Add the shrimp mixture. Top with shaved parmesan cheese.