prawn and mussle pasta – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have prawn and mussle pasta using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of prawn and mussle pasta
- Prepare 500 grams of prawns.
- It’s 4 of sweet salad peppers yellow and red.
- You need 1 medium of red onion.
- It’s 1 of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 7 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 5 of birds eye chillies.
- Prepare 1 small of hand full coriander.
- Prepare 3 large of cloves garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of i used low fat milk but you can use cream.
- Prepare 1 of chosen pasta i suggest lingueni or penna.
- It’s 24 of mussles.
prawn and mussle pasta Step By Step
- cook the pasta as perscribed on the bag
- drizzle some olive oil onto a pot on your highest heat setting
- chop the garlic and chilly up finely and add half to the pot
- dice the red onion into very small cubes add half to the pot
- cut the peppers into long strips and add to the pot.
- add the prawns and mussels to the pot and place the lid on stirring occasionally. once all the mussels have opened and the prawns are starting to go orange you can start adding the rest of the ingredients
- add the butter or margarine to the mixture along with the milk
- add the rest of your onions , garlic and chilly to the pot
- allow to simmer untill sauce has thicken to your liking.plus minus 10minutes
- chop the coriander finely and add to the pot and stir gently in.
- add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons. I think the best way to get the most juice out of lemon is to put it in the microwave for 30sec to 1min.
- strain pasta once done and spoon generous amounts of the pasta sauce over
- lovingly grind some fresh black pepper over the pasta.
- best served with freshly grated parmasan cheese