Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of butternut squash (3lb) cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Prepare 1 of Onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 4 slices of bacon, diced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need to taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of red pepper flakes.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Goat cheese.
- You need of Chopped chives.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place butternut squash, onion, bell pepper and diced bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until butternut squash is tender, stirring at halftime.
- While squash is in the oven, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add rest of bacon strips and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butternut squash mixture and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken stock and puree with an immersion blender.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes. If the soup is too thick, add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon, goat cheese and chives, if desired.