Shrimp and sausage jambalaya – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Shrimp and sausage jambalaya using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and sausage jambalaya
- Prepare of jambalaya.
- It’s 8 oz of mild sausage, cut into 1 " chunks.
- Prepare 8 oz of raw large shrimp, shelled, deveined.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of celery stalk, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 of crushed cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, sliced. Not the dark green part though.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 20 oz of heated chicken broth, may need more to ensure tender rice.
- Prepare 9 oz of uncooked basmati rice, rinsed until water runs clear.
Shrimp and sausage jambalaya Step By Step
- In a large saute pan,on medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot add sausage and cook until it is almost cooked through. Will take several minutes.
- Add in onion cooking another two minutes.
- Add celery, garlic and bell pepper, cook an additional two minutes.
- Add peas and corn and rice, cook an additional two minutes.
- Add in spices, sriracha,stir then add hot broth. Adding hot broth keeps the cooking temperature stable.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Now add shrimp, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. About 5 more minutes. Check after 5 and see if rice is cooked. If not, add more hot broth and cover a few more minutes.
- Toss in green onion, and serve!
- NOTE******Using a basmati rice makes for a more flavorful dish and it absorbs liquids beautifully.
- Rice amount is equivalent to 1 1/4 cups.
- Recipe by taylor68too