Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- It’s 2 lbs of raw shrimp.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lbs of sausage sliced (I used hot links).
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 5 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 can of crushed fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of h cup heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1.5 cup of parmesan cheese grated.
- You need of Angel hair pasta.
- You need of Parsley.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage Instructions
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, oregano and Cajun seasoning.
- Heat skillet with olive oil and cook shrimp.
- Remove shrimp and add sausage to skillet. Cook until sausage is brown then remove from skillet.
- Add onion, Cajun seasoning and brown sugar to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the minced garlic to the onion mixture and cook for another 1 minute. You may want to start cooking your pasta at this point.
- Add crushed fire roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream to skillet. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, scraping bottom of skillet as you stir so it does not burn/stick.
- Add parmesan cheese to sauce mixture and stir. Sauce will slightly thicken.
- Mix in the shrimp, sausage and pasta into sauce and mix until all is coated. Should be a somewhat thick texture.
- Tip with a little more parmesan cheese and parsley.