Creamy Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Creamy Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 400 g of tinned coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 mls of chicken/vegetable stock (or water if budget is super tight).
- Prepare of Salt & pepper (to taste).
Creamy Coconut & Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Cook the squash chunks over a medium heat in a saucepan with your oil, until it' starts to take on some colour. Then add your stock. Bring the stock to the boil and then turn the heat down low and simmer, with the pan lid on, for 40 minutes.
- When the squash is really soft and tender, remove it from the heat and add the coconut milk. Blend until very smooth, season to taste and serve.