20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2 – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook 20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2 using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of butter + 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of a small onion, minced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 10 oz. of basket of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of capers.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of caper brine.
- You need of zest of 1/2 a small lemon.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of crushed red chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 of +1/4 pounds shrimp.
- You need of optional: 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley.
- It’s of optional: 3 or 4 lemon wedges if you like a little fresh lemon juice on your shrimp before you dig in (I do. 🙂 ).
20 Minute Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp with Tomatoes & Capers for 2 Instructions
- In a large pan or pot, melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Turn the heat to medium high, add the tomatoes, capers, caper brine, and lemon zest, give it 2 or 3 good stirs to distribute the ingredients, and let the tomatoes cook until you hear 3 or 4 of them pop. Mash or pierce the tomatoes with a potato masher or a large fork at this point, then add the chicken stock and chili flakes and stir to redistribute the ingredients again.
- Let the resulting sauce come to an active simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, then add the shrimp, gently fold to cover in sauce, and let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes until the bottom side of the shrimp have turned orange and opaque. (Shrimp without shells will take a little less time to cook.) Give the sauce a taste at this point and adjust the salt if needed.
- Gently fold again to flip and redistribute the shrimp and let them continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or so on the other side or just until all the shrimp have turned orange and opaque on both sides.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve lemon wedges on the side, and enjoy with crusty bread or 2 servings of al dente pasta tossed into the sauce.