Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp – This recipe is best for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp
- You need 1 1/2 cups of uncooked brown rice (I used instant).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves, divided.
- Prepare 1/8 of + 1/4 tsp Cayenne, divided.
- You need 1/8 of + 1/2 tsp Paprika, divided.
- It’s 1/8 of + 1/2 tsp Thyme, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 lb of 97% lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled & deveined.
- You need 2 of scallions (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp Instructions
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water. Add 1 bay leaf, and the 1/8 tsp of Cayenne, Paprika, and Thyme. Stir and cook.
- When rice is almost done cooking, heat a large heavy sauce pan on medium heat. Add oil, onions, green pepper, celery, and bay leaf. Sauté on medium heat until soft, adding the garlic about a minute before done.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and remaining Thyme, Paprika, and Cayenne. Sauté until browned.
- Add shrimp and cover. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp is done.
- When rice is done, toss with beef and shrimp mixture and combine well.
- Top with scallions (optional)