Vickys Chilli & Butternut Squash Soup, GF DF EF SF NF – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Vickys Chilli & Butternut Squash Soup, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chilli & Butternut Squash Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1000 g of cubed butternut squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower spread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt & black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies (or to taste), finely chopped.
- Prepare 900 ml of hot vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of coconut cream plus extra for garnish.
Vickys Chilli & Butternut Squash Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a roasting tin with foil
- Spread the cubed squash over the tin, drizzle with the oil, season with salt & pepper and roast for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the sunflower spread in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion, garlic and one of the chillies for 5 – 10 minutes over a low heat until the onion is translucent
- Add the cubed squash to the pan with the stock and bring to the boil
- Use a stick blender to puree the soup completely smooth then stir in the cream. Alternatively puree in batches in a jug blender
- Serve immediately with a swirl of extra cream and the remaining chopped chilli sprinkled on top