Green Onion Alfredo – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Green Onion Alfredo using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Onion Alfredo
- You need 3 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 oz of parmigiano-reggiano.
- It’s 2 bunches of green onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken or shrimp (optional).
Green Onion Alfredo Step By Step
- Grate cheese if not already grated
- Mix heavy whipping cream, cheese, and spices together in a mixing bowl. Allow this mixture to sit in the fridge, covered, for at least 24 hours for optional flavor.
- Chop scallions
- Chop fresh parsley. *note: I like to prep the parsley and chives in advance along with the sauce mixture so there isn't as much work to do the next day when having this for dinner.
- Cook chicken or shrimp. (I'm not really a shrimp guy so chicken is used in this example) I like to use salt and Italian seasoning. I like to use an air fryer to cook my chicken.
- Cook pasta while chicken or shrimp is cooking
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Use approximately ½ cup of sauce mixture per serving. Add sauce mixture, a few pieces of chicken or shrimp and handfuls of parsley and chives to a pan and turn the heat on high
- Heat, stirring frequently, until sauce is bubbling in the middle as well as the outsides.
- Add an appropriate amount of pasta for the number of servings of sauce and mix well.
- Heat until the noodles are well-coated with sauce and serve