Japanese Shrimp & Fish Tempura – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Japanese Shrimp & Fish Tempura using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Shrimp & Fish Tempura
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of ice cold water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 lb of jumbo shrimp.
- It’s 4 fillets of of white meat fish.
Japanese Shrimp & Fish Tempura Instructions
- add the salt to the flour & sift the flour so ir is soft & fluffy
- in a large bowl scramble the eggs & add the ice cold water
- slowly add in the flour while wisking ….if batter is to thin add more sifted flour…should be the consistency of pancake batter
- the shrimp should be deshelled & cleaned leaving the tail on
- the fish fillets should be cut into four squares
- in large pot or deep fryer….oil of your choice shoul be heated to 350º
- dip shrimp & fish in batter …let some excess batter drip off & gently drop in oil..shrimp should only take a minute or two….fish should take 4-6 minutes or more depending on thickness of fillet…..scoop out & strain
- plate & serve