Takoyaki – This recipe is fantastic for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Takoyaki using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Takoyaki
- You need 200 grams of Cake Flour.
- Prepare 600 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Japanese Soup stock (or 2 cubes of Ilan Bills stock cube).
- Prepare 3 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 100 g of Cabbage.
- You need 1/4 of pck Spring Onion.
- Prepare 20 g of Red Pickeled Ginger.
- You need As needed of Prawn cracker (or Tempura flake).
- You need As needed of Boiled Octopus.
- It’s As needed of Cheese in Sausage.
- You need As needed of Takoyaki Sauce.
- You need As needed of Mayonnaise.
- It’s As needed of Aonori(Seaweed Powder).
- Prepare As needed of Bonito flakes.
- Put cake flour, water, Japanese Soup stock, egg in a big bowl. Mix it well that it becomes smooth.
- Chop the cabbage, spring Onion and pickled ginger.
- Breaking up Prawn crackers finely.
- Cut cheese in sausage to 1/5 size. Cut the boiled octopus to same side as sausages.
- Heat the Takoyaki pan and add oil to each cup.
- Pour the batter into the cups until they are full. Put the octopus(or sausage), cabbage, spring Onion, Red pickled ginger(If you like) and prawn crackers (tenpura flakes) in each cup.
- Turn the Takoyaki balls over with a bamboo stick in each cup.
- Keep turning them over until they become round and golden brown all over.
- Serve on a dishwith Takoyaki Sauce, Mayonnaise, Aonori and Bonito flakes.
- If you do not have Takoyaki Pan, try to use normal frying Pan. Pour the batter into the heated pan. Put the octopus(or sausage), cabbage, spring Onion, Red pickled ginger(If you like) and prawn crackers (tenpura flakes). Bake it like omelette. After that, cut it bite-size.
- Pickled ginger $2.65/pck at FairPrice (S$3.0/pck at RedMart)