Broccoli & Prawns Okonomiyaki – This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Broccoli & Prawns Okonomiyaki using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli & Prawns Okonomiyaki
- It’s 1/2 head of Broccoli *finely chopped or shredded.
- Prepare of *Note: Broccoli stems are the best. Add as much as you can mix with the batter.
- It’s 100 g of Prawns *OR other protein, cut into small pieces if large.
- You need 1-2 of Spring Onions *finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Plain Flour OR Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Dashi Power *optional.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- It’s of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need of Aonori, Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes), Benishoga (Pickled Ginger) *optional.
Broccoli & Prawns Okonomiyaki Step By Step
- Make the batter by mixing the Flour, Water, Eggs, Salt and Dashi Powder.
- Add finely chopped or shredded Broccoli, Prawn pieces and Spring Onion to the batter and mix it well.
- Oil a barbecue hotplate or a frying pan, pour the mixture to form pancakes. When the edge of the pancake has set, flip the pancakes over, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until all the batter is cooked. You may turn the pancakes over a few times while cooking.
- Place the pancake on a plate, and dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle with Aonori or other toppings if you like. *Today I sprinkled with chopped Parsley.