Japanese Tempura prawns – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Japanese Tempura prawns using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Tempura prawns
- It’s 250 grms of prawns.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of refined flour (maida).
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs (or as required).
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- You need As required of Oil for deep frying.
Japanese Tempura prawns Instructions
- Firstly clean remove the shells, keep tail intact, Remove the dark vein.make some tiny slits to prawns from inside to avoid curl up.wash with cold water.
- Apply lemon juice and salt to prawns and keep aside for 15mins
- Now make tempura flour. In a mixing bowl add refined flour, red chilli powder, pepper powder, garlic powder some salt and curry powder and mix everything well
- Now take breadcrumbs, beaten egg and flour mix
- Now take prawns, first roll in flour mix,next dip in egg and lastly coat with breadcrumbs
- Now fry in hot oil in batches until golden brown for 3mins (dont over cook otherwise it will be gummy & rubbery,once done remove on absorbent paper and switch off the flame
- Serve prawns tempura with sauce or mayonnaise
- Note – use spice as per your taste